The Guardian reports on documents that chronicle how Britain’s surveillance agency GCHQ toghether with the NSA collected webcam images from millions of Yahoo users.
• Optic Nerve program collected Yahoo webcam images in bulk from 2008-2010.
• 1.8m users targeted by UK agency in six-month period alone
• Yahoo: ‘A whole new level of violation of our users’ privacy’
• Material included large quantity of sexually explicit images
• Xbox kinetic mentioned as future interest.
Privacy is not the same as secrecy. Regardless if we have nothing to hide or people can guess what we do, we all deserve our privacy.